Sunday, August 12, 2012

Downton Abbey

If you don't have a little bit of a crush on Matthew Crawley something is seriously, seriously wrong. So while the Husband was away I signed up for the free month of Netflix and started to watch the first season.  I was moderately interested, but caring for the Child while attempting to pay attention produced poor results, hence the reason I almost never turn on the TV.

Then my brother came for a visit, giving me a little bit more time to listen to Maggie Smith's biting one liners. That Dowager Countess is a real tart and frankly she reminds me of my grandmother. I mean that in the most loving way possible...

Anyway, I'm in love with the show and the only way to actually watch is to find some means of care/entertainment for the Child. So I opted to visit my folks for a few days and promptly foisted the Child on them (which, oh by the way, they loved) and got on to season two. OMFG. I cried at the end of the season finale when they kiss! That kiss was so many wistful glances in the making. Sigh. I am in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment