Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Different strokes for different folks

In a few short hours, The Husband, The Child and I will attend a 4th of July BBQ at a friends house.  I'm thrilled to be going, it's a nice group of people with children the same age.

*This is where I get ranty*

There is one family whose choices have been diametrically different than ours. Our husbands are in the same profession, but very different ends of the spectrum resulting in different lifestyles. Very different. I realize I am being vague, but I like a modicum of privacy so I'm sorry. Deal with it.

Anyway, the wife, who gives out a lot of unsolicited advice as it is, always makes a point of comparing our lifestyles. She very clearly feels they have made the better choice. What I really want to say to her is "what works for you is not what works for us, to each their own!".  I don't want to fight, I don't want to argue when our mutual friend has invited us over for a nice afternoon.  The choice we have made for our family is the right choice for us, and really that's all that matters.

There, that's it, I'm done. Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment