Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thirsties wipes

Here it is! My first review!

When we started cloth diapering I wasn't so sure about using cloth wipes. Frankly it seemed like cloth diapering was accomplishment enough, but after about a week of trying to separate the disposable wipes from the diapers, I gave in and purchased four packs ( three girl and one boy set) of Thirsties fab wipes. Wow, what a life changer! Of all the wipes I have, admittedly not a ton, these are the first ones I reach for when I open a messy diaper.  In short, they are my workhorse wipes.  After almost nine months of continuous use, they are still soft which is not something I can say for other wipes I own.  As I've mentioned before, I use anywhere from 6-9 wipes per messy diaper, so each wipe is getting washed anywhere from 2-3 times a week, so it's not like they aren't getting used a bunch.  I have been beyond impressed with the quality of the Thirsties wipes and Thirsties in general. 

I also really love that they are made in the US and that Thirsties is such a responsible manufacturer. Carbon credits? Low impact dyes? Solar Panels? Seriously, what's not to love.  More and more, as the economy is in flux and people are out of work and struggling I want to support eco-friendly US businesses. It's a nice feeling for me knowing that I am 1) getting a good product and 2) that I am supporting a business that has good values.

But, in the spirit of honesty, the Honeydew color drives me crazy. Absolutely bananas.  You'll notice it's on the top of the stack, well I want to use it first so I don't have to see it.  I really have no idea why the color upsets me so, on its own I like it, but in that stack of lush wipes it just bugs the heck out of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment