Friday, June 29, 2012

Where I come from...

So I come from a place called Fayetteville, NC.  Home to Fort Bragg, Fayetteville has gotten a bad rap over the years, Fayettenam ring a bell? When I was young I remember it being a bit unsavory, the highlight was the mall and downtown was the kind of place your mom and dad made you put your head down when you were driving through.

Fast forward two decades (yes, I've been kicking around Fayetteville on and off for 20 years) and the city is completely different.  The downtown area now has restaurants, cute shops, bars and museums. It's urban revitalization done right.  When we go to visit my parents, downtown is where we choose to go. 

You know what's downtown that I love? Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique!!! Yay, diapers that I can touch and ogle over!  Ok, ok so I know the main store is in Raleigh/Fuqay Varina and to be clear I've never been there, but wow do I love the Fayetteville store! The store is cute and small and the women who staff it are nice, like legitimately nice. I went in one Saturday close to closing time and they let me browse the consignment bin while they closed up (I got a Fuzzibunz ).  It's a well curated store and they even have those famous SBB wipes that always seem to sell out so quickly online (that'll be another post).

It's stores like SBB that make downtown Fayetteville a fun place to be.  So SBB? I love shopping with you both online and in the Fayetteville store.  You, and you alone have my love and loyalty when it comes to online diaper shopping.

Smooches.

3 comments:

  1. Just to clarify...SBB wipes are only available in the Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique~Raleigh store~ or from the online store! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for letting me know. Point of clarification! I love the WAHM wipes in the Fayetteville store! Who makes them? I'd like to give credit where credit is due!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique wipes that sell out so fast online are WAHM made, and are made of 100% cotton flannel and bamboo velour, very soft and durable, only available in the Raleigh store or online. I would guess that the ones in the Fayetteville store are Bumbledoo brand.

    ReplyDelete